Calling the offices for your House Representative is one of the most effective ways to make your voice heard
Call 202-224-3121 to be Immediately connected to your member of Congress
Ethiopian-American Civic Council in Colorado (EACC) & Ethiopian Advocacy Network (EAN) are launching a major campaign urging our elected representatives to support H.Res.128 “Supporting respect for human rights and encouraging inclusive governance in Ethiopia.”
Our sole and exclusive concern is passage of H.Res 128 which is waiting final floor action in the House. It is important to add your voice to the campaign by asking your Representative for his/her support. Please help us spread the word to Ethiopian-American friends and family to join this campaign and take action.
We look forward to working together with the large Ethiopian Diaspora community to ensure the passage of H.Res.128 in the U.S. Congress.
Please follow the following 3 simple steps:
Step 1. Find your representative and contacts
Click here to locate your congressional representative by zip code: https://www.house.gov/representatives/find/
Check to see if your representative in Congress has cosponsored the HR128: https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-resolution/128/cosponsors
If your representative has not cosponsored HR128, please send the letter below on your representative’s webpage.
Step 2. Send the letter to your representative
- Visit your representative’s web site, click on contact and enter the following letter
- Topic : Foreign Relations
- Subject: Support H.Res. 128
Hello, My name is __________and I am writing to respectfully request that congressman/congresswoman ____ cosponsor “H.res 128 supporting respect for human rights and encouraging inclusive governance in Ethiopia. ‘’ This important resolution condemns the killing of peaceful protesters and excessive use of force by Ethiopian security forces, and requests that the Ethiopian government allow for an independent examination of the state of human rights in Ethiopia.
I plan on monitoring the resolution and Congressman/Congresswoman’s Co sponsorship of the resolution. As I mentioned, this resolution sheds light on the human rights abuses that are being perpetrated on the many innocent civilians living in Ethiopia
Thank you for taking the time to receive my concerns, and please inform me of the congressman/congresswoman’s decision on cosponsoring the Resolution.
Your Full Name
Your Home Address
Your Phone Number
Step 3. Call the representative’s DC Office (In March 2018)
- Call (202)224-3121 and press 2, you will be connected to your representative’s office based on your Zip code.
- When you are connected to the representative’s office in Washington, ask for the Foreign Affairs Advisor or Legislative Assistant (LA)
YOU: Thank you for taking my call.
- Hello, My name is __________and I am calling from congressman/congresswoman ____’s District my zip code # is______. I am calling to respectfully request that he/she cosponsor H.Res 128 supporting respect for human rights and encouraging inclusive governance in Ethiopia.
- This important resolution condemns the killing of peaceful protesters and excessive use of force by Ethiopian security forces and urges all armed factions to cease their conflicts and engage in peaceful negotiations.
- I plan on monitoring the resolution and Congressman/Congresswoman_____
________ ’s Co sponsorship. If possible, could your office inform me of the congressman/congresswoman’s decision on cosponsoring the resolution and their reasoning?
- As I mentioned before, this is an important resolution that brings to light the human rights abuses that are being perpetrated on the many innocent civilians living in Ethiopia
- Thank you for taking my call and passing along my concerns to congressman/congresswoman_____